This morning as I yanked myself to consciousness because of some crappy r&b station blaring out the alarm clock in my hotel room, it popped into my head how much I miss being serenaded awake by the strums of guitar or clicking of piano keys.
As is my nature, my mind immediately filled with all the other things I was currently missing. To jolt the synapses I ordered them:
- The shrill tempo of @jwalking singing "I am the greatest man who ever lived!" repeatedly. Saturday morning. Early.
- The way @debono constantly finds ways to share his hairy backside with the world.
- Coming home to realize @debono was cooking and it smells fantastic.
- Coming home to realize @jwalking was cooking and he burned something, then just made macaroni and cheese with ground beef. Unseasoned. Every day.
- My "why yes, it is the most comfortable place you've ever slept" bed.
- The way @itsmedrew would come over sweaty from the gym and wipe it all over my sheets.
- The way @jwalking would con anyone into going into whatever section of town he wanted so he could bum a ride to a random bar to hang with other people besides whomever gave him the ride.
- The blight on our wine, snack foods, and general wet blanket that is @jraq. A constant reminder that it is possible to be too cynical, too smart, and too good looking for your own good.
- Seeing @georgecostanza and @benthelollygoround out in public and realizing they are too cool for me to hanging out with. And yet they still gave me fist bumps and high-fives.
- Watching @mharp eye-shag another helpless victim. Then get bounced by a clueless and smashed @jwalking.
- @sarahofaces smiling face.
- Getting upwards of 30 tweets a day from @debono about weird food in Bangkok.
- Listening to @jwalking make sweet sweet ear-love to his guitar. In the other room. By himself.
- Coming home to find the dinner table being used for beer pong and I'm already 6 beers and 2 hours of drinking behind. And pouring a G&T to catch up.
If you've got any to add to the list, don't tell me. My hearts aching already.